Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

defending delilah

Delilah was rockin tonight! Let me just go ahead and tell you I, as a grown woman, reserve the right to tune into Delilah Love Someone Tonight whenever I want. Why would you, you ask. I understand this question. I don't even judge you for it, because I myself was there once too. But I've come to a certain age and life stage where sometimes I just need to hear some classic love songs. Or as the case tonight KDHX wasn't playing anything good, nor any other station for that matter, and so my fingers did the walking on over to the preprogrammed Delilah station. Now, don't let that word preprogrammed fool you. It's not like I listen to Delilah every night. Just occasionally. Enough so that when I want to hear some cheesy story or song I don't want to have to remember what station she's on. So a little preprogramming never hurts.

I almost did the switch up on her because of the lame story introducing the song but then I heard the velvet voice of Bill Medley of whom I picture as Patrick Swazye himself singing to me and knew it was going to be a good night. So a little outrageous belting it out to The Time of My Life and I was set. My joy filled response to the next song however completely threw me and I might be entering an interesting musical phase of life. Hall and Oats You Make My Dreams. If you were driving next to me, you may have thought I was having a seizure as I danced like this song was the anthem of my high school prime. AMAZING! I couldn't even stop.

Now, I must confess to you that this morning I pulled a muscle in my shoulder. You don't need to the know the details of the event except to say it involved me, a pair of new tights, and a lot of wiggling to get in them. Yadda, yadda, yadda I have a sore shoulder blade, neck, and clavicle. Not even the searing pain of these sore muscles could stop me from dancing like it was 1999 to Hall and Oats. That says something.

So, in honor of ; my dear friends adopting for the first time, coffee, a man I've never met, and Stephanie whom I think of every time I hear Hall and Oats, here's my newest obsession!

No comments: