Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Like Whoa

Do you ever have those times when you look at the trajectory of your life and think WHOA? I finally had one of those moments today.

It's been since October that I've written on this little spot of mine. 4 months ago! My life is tremendously different since then and yet monotonously the same. I've been approved to move to London this year. Though I've been preparing for it for months now and chatting surreal-ly  with dear friends and family it wasn't until today that it became in the slightest sense, my story. 

I sat in a home with others listening to a friend talk about London. I listened and smiled remembering my own experiences from the summer. As he talked about various needs and thoughts he had I was keenly aware that this information being processed in my head at that very moment was not distant and unrelated to me but that in fact is what I'm entering into.

I am moving to London. Me? WHOA!!!! 

Ya'll!  If you knew half of the person I used to be before Christ, you'd be astonished too. For. Real. My new life looks radically different from the life trajectory I had. And I have no other response but WHOA!

Colossians 3:10 says, "and we have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator." 

I love this so very much because it gives me a secret insight into this new life I've been given. I know what the end result will be. I will be more like my Creator. Beautiful? Glorious? So amazing? Yes, but.

This process is not overnight and it's not easy. My old flesh is die hard. And it seems the more I commit myself to putting on the new self, the more my old self bucks against it. So this is where I've been. Caught up in the putting on of my new self while hourly slaying my old self and its ways that lead to death. This is hard work. 

Many people think the hard work starts when you do the thing you're called to do. Hard work it is, but I'm learning it doesn't start there. It's actually starts that moment when you, with reckless abandon, for the cause of Christ in the world, give yourself away to Him for His purposes. BAM! HARD. WORK. 

So I look at where I've been and am humbled that my Creator has and is redeeming my brokenness. I look at where I'm going and am stunned that this new life He's given me will (and is) being used up for Him. 

Whoa.

No comments: