Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 30th

Tonight as I sat in a cozy home, listening to the silence of 2 sleeping little boys, outside my windows came the boom of fireworks. At first, I thought they were gun shots but they were so rapid my mind leaped with the excitement that it just might be my favorite! Yes! FIREWORKS! Beautiful ones, lighting up the sky in an array of color. Annie laid on the couch as though it's everyday someone paints the sky with these vibrant dots of color. Or that it's everyday someone interrupts your peaceful evening with booming brilliance. Well, Annie, that may be your life, but it surely isn't mine.

My life, at this point, is forecasted to have 12in. of snow with a sweet little bit of ice before hand. Blah. I'm ready for spring and summer. I'm ready for picnics and flip flops, for flowers, and outdoor concerts. I'm ready for bike rides and long walks, and the hope of a budding romance. I've enjoyed this winter for all of it's snow and mess. It's been unusually bright and cheery in the sky this year. But I'm so ready for NEW. New grass, new hopes, a clean car,and new peek-a-boo shoes.  

So, to whoever you were, celebrating January 30th like it was the last day on earth, thanks for sparking a little hope in my heart for spring and summer, love, and all things beautiful.

I hope that as these last storms of winter blow through we can enjoy them with the expectation that new is just around the river bend.

No comments: