Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Isaiah 62:1-5

Today a 16 year old drooled directly into my mouth. I was worried she wouldn't remember me but she did and was in fact overjoyed to see me. I was suffocated with hugs and tickled by unexpected hand grasps. My eyelids are a little tender from her propping them wider so she could reacquaint herself with my eyes. It was in one of these eye propping hugging frenzies that I was laughing and she, in joy, was drooling and the two did meet. Her drool. My mouth. And though disgusted at the moment, I'm now warmed at her unabashed delight in me. 

It had me thinking tonight, driving home, about His delight in me. His deep compassion set on me. And yet how I live as though He is the withholder of all things I long for. Tonight I'm moved by His earth shattering love for me and convicted by my flawed view of His character and intentions. He is giving me Himself, the King of the Universe, the one of whom all nations will one day bow- His delight is in me. I am His beloved.

And though I still feel the tension of how to long for those things that are not yet mine and how to surrender all to Him, tonight, in the quietness of my thoughts and this room, He is more than enough for this heart of mine.

No comments: