Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Letting Go

You know that moment in The Holiday where Arthur hears the song Jack Black's character has made for him and he conquers the stairs before the crowd there in his honor? I feel as though I am having one of those moments. I'm listening to these guys, finishing some upcycled jewelry, and thinking- always thinking.
Today has been a myriad of emotions. Better said, this Christmas break has been filled with the sublimely unexpected and now all the questions that lurked in the background have come to the forefront of my mind and all of these emotions are flowing with them.

Unfortunately, few of these questions can be answered in a concrete way for me to understand, so I've wrestled all day with being grateful and feeling utterly hopeless. Agitated at not being able to verbalize all I want to say I've become restless and anxious. What cures these things? Fresh air and letting go. So that's what I did.

I cut the helium filled birthday balloons, walked outside with no coat and strings clinched in hands. I took a deep breath and I let go. My balloons rose high above the roof  I felt my prayers were hitting and continued to soar into the dark sky. I eventually lost sight of them as they floated above the tree and pond and with that I felt a release. My balloons are gone, somewhere over  yonder and like them my prayers have left my lips and now lie in the Father's heart. I have no string to continue to clinch to but I trust they will be heard and He will respond.

No comments: