Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday Things

1. If ever you should have to survive on an island with an average Jane chef that has limited resources you should choose me. I made ravioli with spinach and tomatoes in an electric skillet with a spatula! I've had to make lots of things in this little skillet for the past year with a spatula. Today's conquest of pasta was a success.

 2. Let me not lead you astray, that island mentioned above would have to have electricity and a store that sold frozen ravioli and spinach and canned tomatoes. I don't garden, I kill things. And I mean I kill plants, not like I hunt. Cause I don't do that either. I also don't swim in oceans.... you know what, come to think of it, I may not be your best choice if you're looking for survival.

3. This weekend is The Color Run.... I already told you my feelings on that.

4. I've been walking at a park near my house. Everyone else there is jogging. Blah. Today I went right after work because I felt laziness setting in and knew if I came home I'd never get back out. So, yes, I went in my work clothes, which today consisted of a frilly blue tank under a coral deep cut tank and a maxi white skirt with my Toms. Needless to say I didn't look the part of an athlete. At least when I'm in my "workout" clothes (which also double as my bedtime clothes and cleaning clothes) I can pretend I'm cooling down or gearing up for a big run. In this getup, everybody knows the non-athlete.

5. Sitting on the bench after my walk, a woman with a rambuncous dog that I feared was going to start dry humping my leg said I looked so peaceful. Those words were all I needed to justify my walking in my flower power skirt. To others who passed by with their jogging and bike riding I imagined them, inbetween their sharp breaths and rythmic feet thuds, thinking I was so peaceful instead of thinking who's the hippy on the bench!?

6.The dogs are barking upstairs and I would gladly punt each of them out the door to shut them up. And I mean that in the nicest, most animal freindly way.

7. This past weekend was filled with birthdays, avoiding weddings, brunch, and great friends. Went to this new to me place, Rooster. If you are a St. Louisan you must go here. If you're stopping by St. Louis swing by here. It's mostly out of the way unless you're hanging out in the downtown area but it's delish. Crepes oh plenty and other things that I didn't care about because I was craving me some crepe!




8. I'm pretty much obsessed with this now.

9. Numbers 29 and 33.

10. Did you watch the closing ceremonies. Can't get this out of my head.

11. My spellcheck here just stopped working. You wouldn't believe the fury that ran through me. I'm pretty much laost withouts sit. Dang it!

And I really, really, really wanna zingazingahh. 

No comments: