Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rainy Day Boots

                                            
It rained a-l-l day.
On any given day off
I would welcome the rain.
But today was not a day off.
Today I had to work.
I stared longingly outside,
wishing I could cuddle up with
The Help and some tea.
Wishing I could get out some cute rain boots
and stomp around a bit.
But alas, I was at that job
that I love.

Note:
For those of you that know me, I'm sure you've heard my rantings of movies or books being "too popular" for me to engage with. So you might be asking yourself about The Help as it is kind of a big thing right now. Here's my justification; I wanted to read it. Yep, that's it. Also, another side note. I don't own any rain boots. I think this calls for a casual shopping trip, yes? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

part of my weight loss motivation list (little & big prizes along the way) is a pair of cute cute rainboots. I'm seriously too fat to fit in to any at this point. Cute rainboots will be a super fun prize someday.

I went to see the movie. It made me cry more than once. I loved it.