Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Life According to The Secretary

I've taken to calling my phone The Secretary. She really does help me with so much in a day and without her I'd be a mess! Or maybe I'm still a mess but less of one... maybe.

Life's been a little nutty around here. For as quickly as this London opportunity came into my life, May sure does seem to be moving slowly. Maybe it's because everyday feels as though 2 days have been lived. None the less I appreciate that time is consistent. I don't actually have less or more of it on any given day. I'm given the same amount of hours daily to use them as best as possible.

Stumbled upon How To Be A Man in th least likely place. Watched Tangled.
A sweet house party interrupted by pounding hail.
Laumeire Sculpture Park.

That's something that's been on my mind lately. Time. The productive use of it or lack there of. I struggle with that a bit. I find that my life is quite busy but when I look back to reflect on and evaluate it I find that I waste a lot of time, a lot of opportunities. I may be busy but what is being produced from that business.

I've been convicted while studying the life of Paul through BSF's study, The Acts of the Epistles, to make each moment count. In each letter there is the heart of a man committed to the Lord and fulfilling His purposes in the world by submitting his life to His will. In the mundane, in the adventurous, they were submitted without reservation to the cause of Christ in the world.

This is, I believe, the very life God calls us to live now. That God calls me to live now. In the mundane, in the waiting, in the adventure to be committed without reservation to His cause in ALL of the world.

Enter London. I don't know that support will be raised in time to go on this trip (I pray fervently that God would help my unbelief) but I know benefits have already come from the preparation of it. 1) I've had to break my ugly habit of procrastination because there has been literally NO time for it. 2) I have been humbled by the generosity of people. 3) I've been more honest in relating the details of the trip to friends who are not believers. A confidence and fearlessness has come when entering these conversations. 4) I have prayed more earnestly and fervently as I feel this is actually something God has called me to. Yes and Amen!

And though I'm finding I really treasure my Sidekick Assistant I know this work is not hers or mine alone but a work of the holy spirit. Who really is making all things new!


No comments: