Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Friendly Friday

Well hello there friends! I'm super excited to introduce to you my new little feature that I stole from a friend over at I'm Just Sayin', Friendly Fridays. I have such amazing people in my life, I love them so much, and I just know you would too.

So I figured to kick start this thing there would be no better people to start with than my very own partners in crime over at Something New.

This year has been one of the most difficult, actually in all seriousness, the most difficult year of my life. Transition is a word I was beginning to loath. None the less there is no other way to describe this year other than a year of major life transitions. Transitions are difficult. Period. But transitioning alone... Now that is pure torture! Thank God that in His sovereignty He knew that I was not the one to be able to handle this major life change alone. So he brought me company in three ladies that were in similar life stages.

In no particular order I'd like to introduce to you the lovely ladies of Something New and 3 of my dearest new friends.

Linda is one of the tiniest yet most feisty people I know. She is ridiculously determined to support the kiddos she works with at Vashon, which is not an easy task if you know Vashon. She is also incredibly thoughtful, intelligent, and great at organizing social events. When I was lost in where to begin friendships, in stepped Linda who introduced me to all her friends and allowed me to tag along to SO many events. It was often awkward for me to be a tag along but she never gave up on me :) Aw "And Linda Too" (that's what we call her) I so very much appreciate your friendship.

Rachael is one of the most beautifully sincere people I know. She is so honest yet gentle in her delivery. I'm sure you know people who are honest but so hurtful in telling you the truth! Ahh! Not this one. There is such a sweetness in her. It's seen in the way she cares for her friendships and the way she maintains them over the years. It's seen in the way she loves her family and those who are like family to her. She loves so deeply and wears her heart on her sleeve. Not in the trample on me kind of way, but in a way that invites you into her life and to know her. I have loved knowing this beautiful friend.

Lauren is the newest to my life. She is such a delicate person of peace to me. Things may piss her off but she always maintains such composure. She seems to flutter into rooms with this beautiful smile that simply puts you at ease. There is this confident air about her, not the stuffy cocky kind, but one of strength in knowing who's she is. She is incredibly intelligent and motivated. I simply love being in her presence. She is such a breath of fresh air!

So that's them. The beautiful women of Something New that have made this something new so much more enjoyable. 

(Me, Rachael, Lauren, Linda)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thank you, Angie. It means so much to be sincerely appreciated. I'm glad we're friends.