Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Get a Clue

Dear Summer,

I don't know when it happened. I don't even now how it happened but I am completely in love with Fall. I wish this wasn't so awkward, but you have got to go! I thought maybe you would get the clue when I pulled out all Fall's stuff. When you saw porches decorated with leaves, pumpkins, and hay. For Pete's sake when you noticed Halloween candy and costumes being sold. I mean maybe it wasn't completely obvious to you as I always rock a pretty sweet cardigan but I've been trying to give you the clue by adding a scarf and even searching through catalogs for flannel shirts and cowboy boots! Come now, cowboy boots?! If these things don't have Fall written all over them, I don't know what does. So, though I know I will regret this come mid winter I want to let you know I'm not interested in you anymore. Not your heat, not your mosquitoes, and not your swimsuits. But as for your friend Fall, tell him I'm in the market for a new season. hmmmm, yeah a new season, some cooking, snuggling, pumpkin muffins, and apple picking.

I like you, but I'm just not that into you anymore.

No comments: