Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Creamy Cones and Life Lessons


After a ridiculous week at work (work I'm so grateful for) I felt I owed a treat to myself. What better way to say job well done than an ice cream cone from Ronald McDonald! Waiting in the drive-thru, exhaust and salt grime stuck to my windshield blurring the snow mounds, I realized how ludicrous it must sound for me to be ordering 1 vanilla cone in 30 degree weather. Even crazier when I pulled to the first window and there wasn't a toddler in the back seat anxiously awaiting their $1.03 snack.

When handed my ice cream I smiled and over exaggerated my first taste. I felt like a child driving away but wasn't really phased by it because I was also pleased like a child by my simple little cone. My tongue felt slightly frost bitten by the time I got home but I had just partaken of my wonderful reward.

It made me long to be a kid again. To be satisfied by simplicity. It made me think of that verse in the bible where Jesus tells us to enter into the Kingdom like little children. How I wish I could be so easily satisfied with my Creator. Not to ask anything more of Him but to simply delight in Him. Lessons I've yet to learn taught to me by toddlers.

No comments: