Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Open Road


I look into my rearview mirror. Nothing but black. It's late and I'm driving to what I now call home. There are no other cars on the open road. Just me and Cadence, my Cobalt. There are no street lights, who needs streetlights to interfere with the stars and moon. But not tonight. Tonight it's cloudy and the sky is dark. I can't seem to move beyond the black behind me. And all that is cutting through the dark ahead of me are two small head lights. It's in this moment alone in my car, whispering my heart's desires to the Lord, hoping He hears me over the engine and heat, that He meets with me.

"But one thing I do; forgetting what lies behind and straining torward to what lies ahead..." Philippians 3:13

Maybe, in the future, living in this sweet town will come back around, but right now what I've been brought to is the city. And He has given me the promise that He will fulfill His purpose for me (Psalm 57:2). So, what I must do is look to the open road ahead of me that has been lit with a lamp or in this case 2 head lights. I cannot see beyond those 2 headlights but with every movement forward more of the road is revealed. And though the road is unknown and scary at times I must put my trust in Him because I know that HE IS FOR ME(Psalm 56:9&10).

No comments: