Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Where The Heart Is

I found myself waking up this morning between two of my best friends in a town my heart aches for. It's a girls weekend at HOME and I couldn't be happier to be in this place I love with people I cherish.

Driving to the theatre last night I took all the shortcuts I rememebered. This place is beautiful snow covered. Not even the bitter cold could steal away its beauty. Christmas decorations still hanged on the street lights casting the soft glow I dream of often. I passed all the old places nestled in their blankets of snow. The 1504 Wellman house, small and cozy with memories of even our first day moving in, sitting on the floor talking of things we knew nothing about. Oh Caity. My dear friend. Field. A large resort resembling nursing home has been built in front of it but it's still lovely. Though it's 8:30 at night and a snow day has been called I can see the memories we've made. Pictures in front of the tree. The many firedrills. Waiting for buses, parents, friends, anyone to take you so my day could end. What I would give for just one more day with you Field. Java Jive. If your walls could speak, oh the stories they could tell of me alone. Reunions, counseling sessions, accountability, studying, advice, dates, and heartbreaks. If only you could make a scrapbook for me, journaling the memories I've made there as I will ineveitably forget. The post office and my annual visit claiming new residancy. Always moving. Always. But always calling you home. Always.

I sit cuddled this morning in a cheetah print snuggie, the smell of chocolate chip muffins filling the Wellman house, wishing this place was still my home.

No comments: