Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Cheers!

Heart soaring.
Cheeks beaming.
The Giddies.

I'm looking to transfer within the company, a promotion of sorts. I was called today and told that I had OUTSTANDING recommendations and I could "pretty much pick the job of my choice". When I told her my heart was set on one particular position, she said she'd "whisper in ears and get me to the top of the list." Someone please pinch me cause this would be cruel if it were a dream.

Just this week I've concluded my study of Isaiah with BSF. Today I'm reminded of one of my favorite promises from the study; Isaiah 60:22 "I am the Lord; in its time I will hasten it." Dear friends, many of you have walked this long road with me. Some of you have just joined in. I thank you for your consistent and faithful prayers for me. I know that it has been for my good that I had great bitterness (38:17). Without those times I would not know the true character of my Savior. I would not know the true strength of His Spirit that dwells within man. So thank you for your encouraging words, your physical provision, and your comic relief. You truly have strengthened my weak hands and feeble knees. You have soothed my anxious heart with your assurance that He will come to save (35:3&4). I have searched for stability in many lesser things and even without this good news He has been just that: stable (33:5&6). I am confident that everything He begins, He will also bring to pass (37:26). I have experienced many a let down in these recent years, so I'm cautiously thrilled about the possibilities. I'm seeking to not let my hope be built on them but on the faithfulness of The One who restores the years the locust have eaten (Joel 2:25). I know that I have nothing to fear, even if the bottom drops out again, because I know that His delight is in me (62:1-5) and that He, the Mighty One of Israel is with me (43).

So cheers for ALL that the Lord is doing in the heart and lives of His people even now.

*Now for you all who have been praying with me, you know the 3 things we've been praying about. And I'm just saying: home (check), job (potential check) within a matter of literally 1 week. Hows about we step up our praying about a Heath Sundae with Caramel?! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heath Sundae with Caramel?!?! LOL! Love it!
-Jenny B

Angielee said...

Pretty great right! ;)