Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

I Think I'm In Love

A Whole New World the song kept running through my mind while I was at the St. Louis Indie Craft Revolution. My heart was bursting with gladness, my eyes wide and grasping every last morsel of crafted goodness. My hands roamed over every beautiful thing.

I think I'm in love. I don't know if other people go to a craft show and have the same kid of thrilling experience that I had. I don't know if they have to physically restrain themselves from squealing in delight over neck tie head bands. YES!!!! You read it right. Or if they feel the urge to tell every vendor they delight in how wonderful their work is. If this was a love language I would have found mine. If this is a personality type, I fit right here! I could have stayed there all day, literally all day, chatting with people, feeling their products, imagining my life with those things. Ahhhh. SO energizing.

So you know, because I have no money but the hope that someday I will I grabbed up ALL of the cards I could. Literally, all the things I loved I took a card for. 14 in total. 14 booths that made my heart skip a beat. 14 booths that made me giddy with the thought of crafting it myself, being friends with them, or someday having their product in my life. And... I couldn't wait to tell you about it. I had to tell you about it.

I know you know my heart but lack of ability. I've got a crafters heart but a doorposts skills and a poor man's budget. Oh if I could!

But for now I'll dream and wish of the day that I'll live in some other land, married, with 5 little ones racing around, crafting away while telling women about the Good News of Christ. One day my friends, mark my words.  

********
I needed today to lift me from my pit. I don't know if you read my rantings here, if you did bless your heart and I'm not always that Debbie Downer, just one of those days. I'm sure you know exactly what I mean....hmmph maybe not. If you didn't, keep my light heartedness read here in mind as you read my release of pint up emotions there. ;)  

No comments: