Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 1

So I had this brilliant idea to keep y'all updated about the events of the day, everyday, so you knew how you could be praying specifically. In a perfect world I dream of writing daily and posting pictures. The reality is that for better or for worse I am a procrastinator (ex1. On my awesome 2 week countdown, I had planned to begin writing these like first thing. Instead, its the day I leave a few hours before I get picked up.) It just is what it is. Also, I really like the idea of actually being present in the moment. If I'm always thinking of how I'll share that moment I'll actually miss out on the moment itself. Know what I mean? So with that, I leave you a little prayer guide, scheduled to be posted daily right here on my little corner. Thanks for your support and prayers. And I mean that.

Because I don't actually have the brain power at this very moment to figure out when to schedule to post these so that you're actually praying for me the day the events occur I'm just going to post a day ahead of schedule. If that makes sense. (Just go with it.)

Saturday

It's the big day. My flight leaves later this afternoon and I couldn't be more excited or feel less prepared in every way. The reality is though that I am prepared. I've packed well. I've prayed well. I've read what I need to. God's word has been perfectly timed to encourage my heart in areas I need it most. And now I go.
Here's how you can pray for me today:
  • traveling alone eek! I fancy myself a pretty observant person but in an airport I feel I could get turned around easily. Pray that I would get to every place that I need to be smoothly and with time to spare. 
  • pray for my anxiety as well! When I get super anxious (lots of potential for that today) I get hyper emotional (as though I'm not there already) and who needs a blubbering lost woman on their hands today. No one that's who!
  • pray also that I would be able to sleep on the plane to transition to the time change better. Also that I'd be able to wake up easily from the sleeping aid I'll be taking. (I guess the sleeping part isn't what I need prayer for it's the waking up!)
  • And then pray of course that my luggage, Mr. Prodi, arrives safe and sound. It's his last go around. (We found mustache duct tape. I mean, what else did you expect me to do with it. I needed to have my red bag set apart just a bit. Mission accomplished.) 

That's about it for today! Happy days to you!

~Ang

No comments: