Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 9

So I had this brilliant idea to keep y'all updated about the events of the day, everyday, so you knew how you could be praying specifically. In a perfect world I dream of writing daily and posting pictures. The reality is that for better or for worse I am a procrastinator (ex1. On my awesome 2 week countdown, I had planned to begin writing these like first thing. Instead, its the day I leave a few hours before I get picked up.) It just is what it is. Also, I really like the idea of actually being present in the moment. If I'm always thinking of how I'll share that moment I'll actually miss out on the moment itself. Know what I mean? So with that, I leave you a little prayer guide, scheduled to be posted daily right here on my little corner. Thanks for your support and prayers. And I mean that.


Because I don't actually have the brain power at this very moment to figure out when to schedule to post these so that you're actually praying for me the day the events occur I'm just going to post a day ahead of schedule. If that makes sense. (Just go with it.)

SUNDAY
Today is another day of street ministry but in a different community this time.
  • Pray again for the Lord to use us as He has gifted us.
  • Pray for clear and concise words and receptive hearts.
  • Pray that God would be honored in our attitudes and actions towards each other and the community.
  • And pray that God would give us eyes to see the work that He is doing in these communities. That we would be encouraged by the smallest sign of God's hand moving to draw people to Himself.
Tonight there will be dinner and dancing. I'm in the understanding that its traditional Indian dancing. Very FUN! I have a tendency when things are ending to want to withdraw to make leaving easier. Pray that I would not do this. Pray that I would stay and engage with the people that I've come to know and value as friends, even if that does make leaving in the morning a little more difficult.

No comments: