Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 6

So I had this brilliant idea to keep y'all updated about the events of the day, everyday, so you knew how you could be praying specifically. In a perfect world I dream of writing daily and posting pictures. The reality is that for better or for worse I am a procrastinator (ex1. On my awesome 2 week countdown, I had planned to begin writing these like first thing. Instead, its the day I leave a few hours before I get picked up.) It just is what it is. Also, I really like the idea of actually being present in the moment. If I'm always thinking of how I'll share that moment I'll actually miss out on the moment itself. Know what I mean? So with that, I leave you a little prayer guide, scheduled to be posted daily right here on my little corner. Thanks for your support and prayers. And I mean that.



Because I don't actually have the brain power at this very moment to figure out when to schedule to post these so that you're actually praying for me the day the events occur I'm just going to post a day ahead of schedule. If that makes sense. (Just go with it.)

THURSDAY
We're doing street ministry. I have NO idea what this includes, but I tell you I anticipate this day with fear and trembling.
  • Pray that all 43 members of our team would have a distinct confidence in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
  • Pray that where there is spiritual warfare God would protect and sustain us, girding us with the peace and power of His presence.
  • Pray that seeds would be planted and in due time reap a harvest.
  • Also, I imagine that I'll be missing my family a bit by day 6. Pray that the Lord would focus my heart on the work He's doing and and bring peace and comfort to potentially lonely places.
There is a concert of prayer in the evening. How great does that sound! Pray that hearts and minds would not be distracted from what the Lord desires to speak into during this time.

No comments: