Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Why I loved it {in 17 points}



I keep thinking I need to write something here. Anything. The problem though is that I just don't know how to summarize all that happened in a matter of 12 days into a brief yet descriptive, highly enjoyable, blog. I don't want to bore you with all the details, though in my personal opinion the details are what make the story. But I get it, not everybody is into that and that's ok. So how about this, I'll make a list and in that list I'll try to explain to you the awesomeness that was my trip to London.

1. Made it safely traveling by myself without cell phone service. Amazing!!!
2. Got to hang out with friends I met in St. Louis, but live in London. Visited the church plant they're working with and began to see their vision.
3. Made FANTASTIC friends with many but specifically 2 other solo women and 1 who came as a pair but was adopted as a solo.
4. Visited a temple, gurdwara, and mosque. Beautiful places with beautiful people who need Jesus as Savior.
5. Did book tables, prayer walks, and community surveys that I felt particularly awful at.
6. Had some points of questioning whether God had actually called me into missions. With every wave of doubt there came encouragement that indeed He has. This came through 2 high school students, new friends, scripture, worship, and prayer.
7. Had the most "random" encounter with a woman who was looking to do evangelism. She ended up joining us and is still working with the team. We communicate every other day now and I love her dearly, as though she's always been apart of my life. ( I guess she should have been added to #3 up there. So that makes 4 priceless friendships developed.)
8. Tried spicy foods. :( I still don't handle them well, but I'm continuing to try.
9. Toured the not so touristy parts of east and central London. Then saw some of the touristy places.
10. LOVED hearing the testimonies of people who now know and love Jesus Christ and want to make much of Him in the world.
11. Spoke with many of the missionaries to get an idea of what it looks like day to day. Had a panel speak to us about this and about singleness and marriage on the field. Interesting....
12. Began thinking about doing the apprenticeship program. 
13. Worshipped at one of the churches we helped. It was beautiful and made me think of New City Fellowship and how this is what the Kingdom looks like. Every tribe, nation, and language worshipping YAHWEH.
14. Cried saying goodbyes.
15. Interview with GEM was miraculously canceled.
16. I say miraculously because the night before the interview with GEM I prayed and asked others to pray because I was feeling a leading to apply with WHM and didn't know how I was going to make it through the interview without sobbing. So... I've now begun the application process with WHM to return to London.
17. Waiting to see how and where God leads.

This urinal looked like a phone booth.
Look at that. I condensed my story down to 17 points. That's pretty amazing. Now... if you want to hear all the good stuff and not just the facts let me know. Would love to share. But as I've told others it may literally take 2 hours. And I'm still processing.


Just missing Emily from Alabama.

No comments: