Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 8

So I had this brilliant idea to keep y'all updated about the events of the day, everyday, so you knew how you could be praying specifically. In a perfect world I dream of writing daily and posting pictures. The reality is that for better or for worse I am a procrastinator (ex1. On my awesome 2 week countdown, I had planned to begin writing these like first thing. Instead, its the day I leave a few hours before I get picked up.) It just is what it is. Also, I really like the idea of actually being present in the moment. If I'm always thinking of how I'll share that moment I'll actually miss out on the moment itself. Know what I mean? So with that, I leave you a little prayer guide, scheduled to be posted daily right here on my little corner. Thanks for your support and prayers. And I mean that.



Because I don't actually have the brain power at this very moment to figure out when to schedule to post these so that you're actually praying for me the day the events occur I'm just going to post a day ahead of schedule. If that makes sense. (Just go with it.)

SATURDAY
Today we do door to evangelism. I'm in the understanding that this looks very different than what we might think of as door to door evangelism. South East Asians are relationship driven people (like most people actually) and respond better to the gospel message when in that context. This opportunity will be a time to build those relationships with people.

  • Pray for genuine relationships to be built that are sustainable through regular contact through email or with people already serving this area.
  • Pray for gentle boldness when asked pointed questions.
  • Pray also that we would be aware of cultural norms and not be offensive in any way to the families we will visit. (ex. not touching dogs, not crossing legs, not putting bible on the floor.)
  • Pray that many hearts would be stirred to seek Jesus Christ and be found by Him.

No comments: