Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

No Longer Captive


I had prepared myself for the worst. A mental roller coaster of hearing my name partnered with 4 different medical terms. A whirlwind of emotion. Fear of the unknown and hope of having answers. One phone call, 2 minutes, and like that relief.

More questions press at my mind but what I now know is I'm healthy. Fears subside as answers comfort. Determination rises as the answers given place responsibility in my hands.

So here we go. I love that life is full of second chances. Here's one of mine. A chance to make different decisions. A chance to be preventive. A chance to be proactive.

I can't help but think of the many times my physical life has been saved, reminding me of the still active purposes God has for my life.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity." Jeremiah 29:11-14


No comments: